Monday, June 30, 2008

Thirsty Monk Expansion Nearly Complete

I got a chance to look into the upstairs expansion of the Thirsty Monk, otherwise known as the Pinthouse. The bar is finished, and the kegs are getting cold, and the space looks great. On seasonable days, the windows in the front can be opened up, and they will also have some benches out front for sitting (but please save a spot for me, okay?) There is still some work to be done, but they are shooting for an opening date of July 3rd. I have a feeling I am going to spend a good amount of time during the holiday weekend here. Below is the tentative draft list for opening night:

Allagash Black
Allagash Odyssey
Bell's Kalamazoo Stout
Bell's Oberon
Bell's Third Coast Barleywine
Clipper City Heavy Seas Uber Pilsner
Dogfish Head Aprihop
Flying Dog Garde Dog
Green Flash Hophead Amber Red
Green Flash West Coast IPA
Highland Cattail Wheat
Lost Coast IPA
Magic Hat Hocus Pocus
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Shmaltz Coney Island Lager
Tommyknocker Coco Porter (or some other porter if they can't get this in time)

Not counting the Highland, by my count there are 11 beers that I have not seen on tap before in Asheville. This is a great list, and they have several beers lined up behind these. It is likely that if you go once a week you will always see something new. Personally, I will be drinking the Allagash Odyssey, a barrel aged Belgian dark ale that is simply devine. That keg will not last long folks, so be sure to try and stop by in the first couple of days. You may also recall that I highly recommend the Green Flash West Coast IPA. To say that I am excited by the expansion would be an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment