Friday, July 21, 2006

Root Bar Number One

I visited the Root Bar yesterday evening for the monthly MALT (Mountain Ale and Lager Tasters) "pint night" gathering. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I hadn't been here before, especially now that I've seen the great selection of beers available. In addition to draft offerings from local breweries Pisgah and French Broad River there's an impressive list of British beers available in bottles along with several Belgians and other surprises. There's also live music many nights.

After the MALT crew disbanded I hung out at the bar for awhile, where I was pleasantly surprised to see some familar Asheville bloggers. Blogging and good beer seem to blend like chocolate and raspberries, or something along those lines.

The Root Bar is right off I-40 exit 55 in Swanannoa. Check it out soon if you haven't visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment